- Groups can be all male, all female, or coed, and may contain up to 20 singers (special exceptions may be made regarding number of singers per group).
- Songs, choreography and dress must be family appropriate and will be subject to screening. The message of the songs performed should be positive. When returning applications please submit song titles, so that we can review the material that will be performed.
- Groups will be considered based on the musical aspects of the Rose City Sing-Off judging criteria and selected by an executive committee. Competitors will perform 2 songs totaling no longer than 12 minutes in length. Competition song choices that are to be performed at the Sing-Off must be submitted with the application. Competition song choices do not have to be the same as the audition song choices.
Participants must be 19 years of age or under and must be enrolled in high school.
The Rose City Sing-Off provides the opportunity for a satisfying experience in listening as well as in performing. These rules are designated to encourage competition behavior in which everyone may take pride. They are not meant to stifle enthusiasm or detract from the enjoyment of the Rose City Sing-Off.
- Each student is a guest of the Rose City Sing-Off and will follow the code of conduct. All participants will be expected to remain with their respective groups during the competition.
- Each student will be seating with his or her choir prior to opening of the competition and will remain in his or her place until its conclusion. Personal needs must be satisfied before the concert begins.
- A courteous listener will sit up in his or her seat and will refrain from talking, chewing gum, eating, combing hair, applying make-up or doing homework. All electronic devices, including cell phones, must be turned off; and there shall be no text messaging at any time during the concert.
- Adjudicators may downgrade any performing group that displays poor concert behavior, or may withhold adjudication for obviously disruptive conduct.
The participant selection will be determined prior to the Rose City Sing-Off. You will be notified of your appearance order at the rehearsal of the Mass Choir practice.
EVENT DAY SCHEDULE
The day will be jam packed and full of great fun and networking for all. The details might change as we get closer to the day of, but the following is a fairly accurate guide:
- 9:00 Registration
- 10-11:15 Workshops
- Noon Orientation Begins
- 1:00-3:30 Sound Checks
- 3:30-4:30 Mass Choir Practice and Performance order revealed.
- 4:30-5:45 Dinner Break
- 6:00 Program Begins
- 9:30 Event Ends
GROUP CANCELLATION POLICY
Groups that are not accepted to the event will be refunded in full. Groups that are accepted into the RCSO that cancel will not be refunded.